SOPAC Enhanced Airbase Cards, Player Log Sheet, and NEW Player Reference Card and Save Game sheets
I am charging $14 for a set of all of these items and that will include
shipping to anywhere in the United States and Canada. They will be shipped
USPS first-class in a well-protected stiff envelope to help avoid any shipping
damage. Here are the items:
- Player Log Sheet: This is a replacement for the Player Log Sheet
that came with SOPAC. It is two-sided with room for up to 60 turns. There
is more room to write movements as well as special narrow columns for submarines
with boxes for checking off torpedo usage. It has extra columns for weather and
victory points as well as space for notes off to one side. Most importantly,
there is no shading for night and twilight turns (it is indicated next to the
turn number instead). This makes it much easier to write in these boxes and
makes the sheet easier to photocopy. I will provide 10 two-sided copies and
they are optimized for photocopying so you can create as many as you need.
- Flight Planning Sheet: This is an extended log sheet for planning
your airplane flights as my Player Log Sheet no longer contains a place for
this information. For each flight, you can indicate its source, destination,
range, mission, etc. There is also plenty of room for player notes as well
as a table on which you can keep track of airfield damage. The back of this
page has the Save Game Sheet below (10 of these will be provided). These
are also designed for easy copying.
- Save Game Sheet: This is a completely original item that allows
each player to quickly record the state of the game at any point. If both
players do this, the game can be put away completely and restored at a
later time. Allows you to record your fleets and their contents, the amount
of both full- and half-strength aircraft markers at each base and carrier,
their types, and what state they are in. Also has a place to store which
task forces have been sighted (this turn and last) as well as a record
of any flights in progress. This is on the back of the Flight Planning
Sheet (10 of these will be provided). This is also designed for easy copying.
- New Airbase Cards: I have created replacements for the Axis and
Allied airbase cards provided with SOPAC. These are printed on thicker
paper than the originals (110# ivory). Most importantly, each player now
has three 8-1/2 by 11 airbase cards (for a total of 6). This provides much
more room so you can manage your aircraft quicker and easier. Includes all
airfields and carriers that are on the originals and also notes the max
capacity for each airfield/carrier. Each airfield/carrier spans 8" wide and
is between 1" and 2" tall (big airbases are 2" tall, most carriers are 1"
tall, numbered bases vary to give you a nice selection). Each of these uses
shading to define 2-4 rows. I place different types of aircraft in each row
(i.e. top row is for fighters, next row is for land strike, etc.). You can
then move airplanes across the rows as you make your assignments. Also
includes a new box for "Flight" (in addition to hangar, ready, CAP, ASW, and
Search). I use this Flight box when I'm putting up my air patrols to
pre-plan my flights. Any aircraft in the ready box that I know I want to
put on a flight later, I move into this box so I don't assign them to air
patrols. During the air mission plot phase, I move these planes into the
appropriate flight boxes, make an entry on the Flight Planning Sheet, and
place a flight marker in the Flight box on the airbase card.
- New Player Reference Cards: This took the most time to do by far.
It is a two-sided player reference card printed on 110# ivory paper (pretty
thick). I will provide two double-sided copies of this card. This, in
addition to the SOPAC tables card (which I recommend making a copy of so
both players can have their own), will allow you to play the game for
extended periods without use of the manual. Again, these are of much higher
quality than the original SOPAC tables (but are not meant as a replacement).
Finally, please be aware that, although they contain specific information about
SOPAC, there are a few places where data from the original SOPAC tables is
referenced. These tables were changed slightly in newer SWWAS games. As advised
by Avalanche Press, I use the newer table values. You can see what changed
in the tables from SOPAC to later version by looking
here. These cards include:
- Player Reference (front)
- Sequence of Play (game phase listing)
- Aircraft Carrier operations rule summary
- Victory Points table
- Airfield operation reference
- Foundering rules and procedures
- Cargo capacity and load/unload time tables
- Weather table with summary of all weather limitations.
- Air Operations rules summary
- Port Rules summary
- Fuel Consumption table
- Cruiser floatplane reference
- Task Force Mission summary table
- Drop Tank reference
- Refueling rules
- Flight distances between all ports and airfields.
- Combat Reference (back)
- Stacking Limitations table
- Airfield Bombardment reference table
- Long Lance Torpedo reference table
- Other torpedo reference
- Gunnery table with range, weather restrictions, and armor penetration abilities
- Substitute damage table
- Airfield damage table
- CAP Interception rules
- (Optional) Secondary Penetration rules table
- Aircraft carrier rules for combat
- Running aground and refloating reference
- AA Values table
- Aircraft patrols/missions summary table
- Disengagement rules
- ASW search procedure
- Special naval combat rules summary/listing
- Dead in water reference table
- Submarine search, ASW, and attack procedures
- Air-to-air combat reference
- Instruction Sheet: Instructions on the use of these accessories.
These sets are completely unofficial and I am in no way affiliated with
Avalanche Press (except that I like their games). Note that these are
completely useless without the actual SOPAC game from Avalanche Press!
In summary, you will receive:
- 10 copies of the easy-to-copy, two-sided enhanced Player Log Sheet (30 turns per side).
- 10 copies of the easy-to-copy, Flight Planning Sheet with the Save Game Sheet on the back.
- Six enhanced Airbase Cards (3 Axis, 3 Allied) printed on heavy, ivory paper.
- Two two-sided Player Reference Cards printed on heavy, ivory paper.
- One-page instructions on the accessories.
- Shipping to anywhere in the US or Canada.
If you want to save some money, consider ordering both the SOPAC and Bomb Alley sets together. I am
offering both sets for $22 including shipping and handling (you save $8).
Please Contact me if you
want me to ship internationally.