[Logwatch-Devel] HTML posts

Kenneth Porter shiva@sewingwitch.com
03 Aug 2002 02:44:06 -0700

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 13:30, mark@winksmith.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 08:20:28PM -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > Resend your message as text, not HTML, and no images or attachments.
> > Never send HTML to a mailing list or a newsgroup.
>
> i agree with you, but to be fair, the message included text and an
> html alternative.  you can set most mailers to read one or the other.
> for instance in mutt you can set the following options:

Alas, I'm using Ximian Evolution, and the devs haven't yet given us that
ability, in spite of requests for it. Arrrrrgggggg!

I may yet throw in the towel with Evo and switch to mutt or some other
text-mode browser. But I so love having the ability to view several
folders and messages simultaneously in separate windows.