[Logwatch-Devel] Logwatch license GPL compatible?

seberino@spawar.navy.mil seberino@spawar.navy.mil
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:30:51 -0700

Kirk

Is the Logwatch license GPL compatible?  Is there anything I can
do to motivate you to release it under a GPL compatible license
or at least dual-license it?  This is important to lots of people
and would help with the wider adoption of Logwatch.

>From reading your license it looks like you were shooting
for a BSD or MIT/X11 type license which is great.

You may have modelled after the original BSD type license
rather than the "modified BSD license" which avoids the
famous "obnoxious advertising clause"....

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html

Of course you are free to release your apps under any license
you want.

Chris

_______________________________________

Dr. Christian Seberino