[Logwatch-Devel] Multi-host patches and Solaris fixes

Eric Paul epaul@spellbook.net
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:47:03 -0500

At 02:12 PM 12/8/2003, you wrote:
>--On Monday, December 08, 2003 1:45 PM -0500 Eric Paul <epaul@spellbook.net>
>wrote:
>
> > If --splithosts is specified, after the pre-parse, a quick cat is done of
> > each log file to grab out the hostnames of all hosts.  These are thrown
> in a
> > file in the $TempDir called hostfile.  The normal log parsing is then
> called
> > for each host in the hostfile.
>
>Hopefully that's hostfile.$$ ?
>
>The process ID is typically suffixed to temp files in case more than one
>person is running a program at the same time.
>
>(I haven't done this in Perl, $$ is shell syntax for current process.
>Substitute the Perl equivalent.)

At the moment, it is not, as the $TempDir is by default created with the
PID of the running process (/tmp/logwatch.pid/) I felt this step was
unnecessary.  All files created in this dir do not have the PID appended,
so I saw no reason to be different.

Eric