[Logwatch-Devel] ClamAV update logs

Kirk Bauer kirk@kaybee.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:11:18 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, [UTF-8] Lars Skjærlund wrote:

> I can see from CVS that you've disabled my warning message; this is a
> matter of taste, of course - but I believe this is how it should be
> done.

I did this because, upon inspection only, it appeared that it would
trigger for EVERY computer Logwatch is run on.  If you can implement
logic that only displays the message when the computer is actually
running Clam (i.e. checking for the presence of a configuration file,
etc) then it can be re-enabled.

> If you've read the brief documentation at the beginning of the script,
> you'll now that there's an easy way to get rid of the warning message:
> Simply remove the update logfile if you don't use it - and you won't get
> any further warnings.

Oops, considering it is my own program I should have realized this. :)
The previous paragraph I wrote before I read this and realized that you
are right and indicates my thinking at the time I commented out that
line.  I'll re-enable that line now.  I'll also apply your patch.

Thanks!

--
Kirk Bauer <kirk@kaybee.org>
http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org