[Logwatch-Devel] New Logwatch Beta Release Finally Available!

Paweł Gołaszewski blues@ds.pg.gda.pl
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:53:13 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Kirk Bauer wrote:
> I haven't even tried it very much yet... so proceed at your own risk!
> You can get it from www.logwatch.org, ftp.logwatch.org, or straight from
> CVS.
>
> I'm going to install it now and make any changes I find necessary.
> Please feel free to send any and all patches directly to me.  Any
> problems should be sent to the logwatch-devel list in the hope that
> somebody besides me can fix it ;)
>
> Please make sure that all patches are off of the latest CVS code or the
> code I just packaged in the 'pre5.0' beta release.
>
> Thanks for your patience!  This release has a lot of improvements:
>
> - Main script: couple of security fixes and many bug fixes
> - Now there is a Logwatch.pm that the filters can use common code from
> - Improvements to numerous filters, especially sendmail
> - Added new filters; amavis, clamav-milter, courier, http, postfix,
>   pound, pureftpd, vsftpd

It seems that there is some problem with ipv6-mapped adresses...

 --------------------- SSHD Begin ------------------------

Argument "::ffff:195" isn't numeric in pack at /home/users/blues/rpm/BUILD/logwatch-pre5.0//lib/Logwatch.pm line 283, <STDIN> line 3.

Users logging in through sshd:
   zawidzkas:
      ::ffff:195.1.1.1: 2 times

**Unmatched Entries**
Failed password for zawidzkas from ::ffff:195.1.1.1 port 1020

I had to make:
chmod a+x logwatch-pre5.0/scripts/shared/*
chmod a+x logwatch-pre5.0/scripts/services/*

But after all - it seems to work fine at the first look :)

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski