[Logwatch-Devel] My logwatch Todo list

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Aug 7 17:23:08 MST 2004

--On Saturday, August 07, 2004 4:41 PM -0700 Mike Tremaine
<mgt at stellarcore.net> wrote:

> Good point. Maybe what we need is to rename logwatch.conf as
> logwatch.conf.sample. A thus force the end user to make a logwatch.conf.
> Internally most $config{foo} options have defaults so if logwatch.conf
> doesn't exist it should not be a show stopper.

For the RPM, tag that file as noreplace in the %files list. RPM will
install the new file as logwatch.conf.rpmnew and warn you.

BTW, did you see my comment about weeding this pam/dovecot noise:

dovecot-auth: pam_succeed_if: requirement "uid < 100" not met by user "ken"

This is in "Connections (secure-log)" and happens every time someone pop's
mail in Fedora Core 2. It also shows up in sshd but that login happens far
less frequently. It wouldn't be so bad but logwatch isn't collapsing the
duplicates.