[Logwatch-Devel] Patch for logwatch to have HTML report or HTML embedded email

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Aug 19 12:17:20 MST 2004

I finally got around to installing this patch and testing it. This looks
good. I changed one or two things in the zz-disk_space and moved the
show_home_dir variable to logwatch.conf [see my todo list :) ]

I do see 2 some problems that I'll track down.

When I invoke like so I get an error. It runs fine but spits out an
error. Which is due to the "> foo", I know there is an output file
option but still it should handle commandline redirects gracefully.

1) [root at sirius scripts]# ./logwatch.pl --output html --print >
test.html
Argument "E" isn't numeric in array element at ./logwatch.pl line 920.

2) The Ignore patch stuff ends up first and not in the section that was
had ignores. Obviously my problem, I'll dig that one out.

A little more work and I'll release my whole tree as tarball, since we
are getting to a point were all the patches are getting confusing. [At
least too me]...

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net