[Logwatch-Devel] Logwatch 5.2.1 is now available

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Wed Jun 23 08:12:10 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 08:03, Kirk Bauer wrote:

> Regarding your move of the scripts to /usr/share I like the idea.  But I
> don't know what problems I'll cause if I made that the new default
> location in the RPM.
>
> Any suggestions from the list?

I didn't read the patch but I think it is sufficient to allow the
location ~/scripts to be configured. I agree in principle with no
scripts in /etc but would rather not see a global change.

I myself always stick the whole log.d in /tools/ or /opt/, but since it
is trivial to change the location of the root this is a simple exercise
for the reader.

If you apply the patch to allow relocation of ~/scripts then
distro-packages can do the rest. (Or System Admins deploying it).

my 2 cents

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net