[Logwatch-Devel] Logwatch 5.2 Released

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at ds.pg.gda.pl
Fri Jun 25 03:07:46 MST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > http://piorun.ds.pg.gda.pl/~blues/patches/logwatch-config.patch
> > - this patch I send only for information. In PLD I've separated
> >   scripts from configuration. /etc/ is not good place for executed
> >   scripts (see FHS).
> This patch moves scripts to /usr/share/logwatch. I've seen other
> packages (like Webmin) put their binaries in /usr/libexec/<packagename>.
> What gates this choice? What does FHS say about this?

After review....
/usr/libexec does not exist in FHS. Simply. None package should use it.
If scripts are arch-dependent - should be in /usr/lib/<package>
I not - /usr/share/<package>

P.S.: now I'm reminding that I was looking for place in my spec some time
ago - /usr/share was best choice.

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski