[Logwatch-Devel] Cvs commit logwatch.pl mailer changes step 1

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Dec 1 10:37:19 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 09:22 -0800, logwatch at mikecappella.com wrote:

> > The Mime encoded option will either be re-installed with calls to
> > MIME::Base64 [which seems to be a standard perl module] OR a
> > simple note will be included in the HowTO that will show
> > users how to setup their cron's with a call to uuencode |
> > MAILER | logwatch -print that should give you the same old
> > features without having to add any code to logwatch [This is
> > after all the Unix way.]
>
> To be orthogonal, "the Unix way" paradigm would then also require removing
> the mailing code all together!

;) Yep you got print what else do you need.

> Seriously, you already know my desires to support an encode option.  Its
> more sensible to me if the work of one can save work for thousands.
>
> -m

encode will most likely make it back in. I just have to finish moving
the other bits around so we can catch the output stream at the right
place. In theory you could even just set mailer = "uuencode file.html |
sendmail -t" and it would work [sort of]. But we will get there.