[Logwatch-Devel] proftpd-messages updates, for logwatch

Bjorn L. bl_logwatch at mblmail.net
Fri Dec 30 11:35:52 MST 2005

B Wooster wrote:

> around line 46, added these two lines:
>
>          ( $ThisLine =~ /PAM\(.*\): Authentication service cannot
> retrieve authentication info/ ) or

I agree that the above should not be reported by proftpd, but
before we remove it, can you confirm that it does get reported
elsewhere?  It appears to report a misconfigured PAM setup.

I think the natural place to report it would be the pam service,
but I am not sure the pam filters are correctly configured.