[Logwatch-Devel] sendmail script

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Feb 5 11:35:01 MST 2005

--On Saturday, February 05, 2005 11:10 AM -0700 "Bjorn L."
<bl_logwatch at mblmail.net> wrote:

> On an related note, it might also be useful to have a mechanism for
> users to define their own matching statements.  The reason is that
> sendmail is often customized, and is not practical to embed code
> in the script to address the changes to the stock sendmail that
> everyone makes.  But I don't know how to do that gracefully (maybe
> some variables read from a file that can be executed, where the variable
> contains the user's code?)

I'd love to have that for the error directives I put in virtusertable, like
error:nouser for common misspellings and certain blacklist addresses. For
instance, I post to newsgroups with shiva.blacklist@, use just shiva@ in my
Reply-To (which newsgroup spammers tend to ignore) and then reject mail to
the .blacklist address. These always show up as unmatched in logwatch
reports.