[Logwatch-Devel] Re: default settings

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Mon Feb 7 16:22:44 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 11:02, Bjorn L. wrote:
> On an unrelated note:
>

> While looking at the sendmail, I found a couple of other items
> regarding the default settings.  From least complex to most:

Good point. I forwarded this on to the devel list. Obviously this bug
has been around forever. If I'm reading the code right the "Today" is
based on time - 86400 so it is not date sensitive. The RPM releases
generally set up a symlink in cron to make sure that logwatch runs
before logrotate. Which should avoid the basic problem. However there is
still a window from the time logwatch ran until the time logrotation was
done. So your point is valid even there.

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net
http://www.stellarcore.net