[Logwatch-Devel] Logwatch 6.0 Released

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Thu Feb 24 11:58:29 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Is there any information which can be used to generate release notes or
> some description of what changed since the last release? The simplistic
> thing would be "more services and more messages handled" but it would be
> nice to have a more detailed listing. Perhaps the CVS commit log since the
> last release? Alas, even this loses info when the commit message is
> "integrate xyz's patch", so we'd need the upstream change comments as well.

Well, if I wasn't a slacker we'd have much better change logs and CVS
comments.  Even before many times the best I'd get is "integrated xyz's
patch"... for this release pretty much it was "Added Mike's
consolidated patches".

I could easily generate a unified diff between any two releases as I tag
CVS for each release... I can show commit comments but those would be of
little value.

--
Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org>
http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org