[Logwatch-Devel] Logwatch 6.0 Released

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Feb 24 14:51:29 MST 2005

--On Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:45 PM -0800 "Bjorn L."
<bl_logwatch at mblmail.net> wrote:

> I get the following when installing the src rpm:
>
> warning: user kirk does not exist - using root
> warning: group kirk does not exist - using root

The warning is common.

You're packaging as root? It's easy to set up to package as a mortal. For a
single-user workstation, just chown /usr/src/redhat to the user you want to
build as. It's only slightly more complicated to set up users to package in
their own home directories. (Look at the %_topdir macro in
/usr/lib/rpm/macros, and override it in ~/.rpmmacros.)