[Logwatch-Devel] Service Script self-configuration

Gary Allen Vollink Gary.Vollink at CorVu.com
Fri Jun 10 08:30:52 MST 2005

Who Knows wrote:

> Kirk Bauer wrote:
>
>> I would recommend adding a config option that points to the config file
>> for the service, with a default value.  Then the filter should continue
>> on with defaults if the specified file can't be located (perhaps give
>> the user a warning).
>
> This seems like a good time for me to raise the issue of local
> customizations again. For my systems I currently have at 6 local
> customization to the service/conf(s) that I have to make for each
> upgrade.

A pointer to your previous thread in the archive would help (so I can
quickly read up on your specific issues).  In general, do you see this
idea as a move towards a solution, or a hindrance?  How could this
help/hurt your cause, and more importantly, how could the changes you
might need be applied to a broader audience of those who may need
customization?

> $0.02 comment.

Any and all comments welcome, no tuppence necessary.