[Logwatch-Devel] RE: Logwatch-Devel] zz-disk_space suggestion

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Mar 17 09:41:11 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 08:30, laurent.dufour at havas.com wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've made some changes to zz-disk_space in order to make it work under
> solaris and netbsd 1.X
>
> I've also included the suggestion from DJ Delorie
>
> I've added function to simplify the script.
>
> I've added a new function to see the disk usage for standard directory like
> /usr and /opt
>
> Hope you like it.
>
> All of this is done against logwatch 6.0.1

Nice... off hand I see 2 things that could also be added.

1) We could make  HomeDirectorySizes("/home"); configurable via
zz-disk_space.conf so "/home" is a variable that could be re-targetted
[ie /export/home, or /home/users/ etc....]

2) The SunOS switch has df -h which is not always the case Solaris 8 and
older will not undertstand "-h". So this one needs more logic in switch.
[Plus /usr/xpg4/bin/df is the one that needs to be used so there is a
path problem also.]

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net