[Logwatch-Devel] Re: logwatch script update for slon (Slony daemon)

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Wed Sep 28 09:25:18 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 09:10, Jeff Frost wrote:
> I also have a simple question...why no #!/usr/bin/perl at the top of the perl
> scripts?  If the filter is a perl script it is automatically run as perl, but
> if they are shell, python, etc it needs specifying?

Yes by default the ~/scripts/services/[service] is assumed to be a perl
script and will be excuted by the value set in $PerlVersion [in
logawtch.pl]. This was mostly done to make it easier to use something
other then #!/usr/bin/perl without having to edit every single script.

To use a non perl script all you need to do is set a variable named
"shell" in the services .conf file. This is will override the call to
perl. So if you want to create a python script or bash or whatever you
should be able to.

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net