[Logwatch-Devel] [SPAM] Re: Remove time from logwatch reports

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Feb 9 14:57:38 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 19:40 +0200, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are web sites in Phishing Report and Detail sections, which
> are banned by Spamassassin SURBL rules (I changed URLs here in
> order to bypass SURBL checks in this message):
>
> lnmbvz.vz1m091r011bhvdt0vvb0dvv.subtractdg.co(m): 1 Time(s)
>
> artbysyl.net claiming to be www.artsuper.inf(o): 1 Time(s)
>
> And I don't get logwatch reports with these URLs inside, because
> my SMTP server blocks them :( What to do in this case?
>
> I see there is mailscanner_phishing_detail in /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/mailscanner,
> but in /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/mailscanner.conf it's
> mailscanner_phising_detail. I corrected this typo (it's now $mailscanner_phishing_detail = 0),
> but still I get both Phishing Report and Detail sections. How can I get rid
> of them or don't print URLs in them?

Thanks I fixed the typo in conf file. This one just turns on and off the
extra level of detail on the phishing report. There is no current way to
suppress the report if you have phishing turned on in Mailscanner.

As far as getting that report through I normally have to add the sending
host to my spam.whitelist.rules and make sure that it defined in the
Mailscanner.conf

[Is Definitely Not Spam = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules]

You can bless by IP or by sender, so I just usually do the report sender
like

From:   root at irondoor.domain.com        yes