[Logwatch-Devel] changes to zz-disk_space, zz-sys, and DisplayOrder

Bjorn L. bl_logwatch at mblmail.net
Sun Feb 19 17:41:03 MST 2006

Some changes:

- The zz-disk_space script now searches for local filesystems only.
   The zz-disk_space script has special-case commands for Linux,
   Darwin, SunOS, Solaris, and HP-UX OSs.  If none of the above,
   the command 'df -l' is executed.  Let me know if you run a
   different OS that needs a different command and/or options.

- The zz-disk_space.conf service file has two new variables,
   $df_options and $disk_cmd.  These can be used to change
   the command and/or options executed when displaying the
   filesystem space usage.

- We also have a new service, zz-sys, which incorporates the
   system information code submitted by Laurent Dufour.  It
   displays CPU and memory information.  It is not run by default,
   because the information is static - it does not usually change.
   Similarly for zz-network, it can be enabled by adding the
   following two lines to your /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf
   file:
        Service = ""     # resets Service list
        Service = All    # requests that all services be enabled

- Attached is proposed code to modify the order in which the
   services are run (it is alphabetical right now).  The variable
   DisplayOrder can be set in the configuration file of any service
   to determine where in the list of services it is executed.
   DisplayOrder should be a number between 0 and 1; the default is
   0.5.  Services with lower numbers are executed first.  For
   example, the new service zz-sys has a value of 0.4, so it would
   be executed first, if enabled.  (Note: the code simply does a
   numerical comparison, so any number would work.  But I think the
   choice of using the range [0,1] makes it more readable, while
   allowing the interspersing of any number of services, by using
   more decimal places.