[Logwatch-Devel] Re: Remove time from logwatch reports

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Wed Feb 22 12:55:08 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 13:01 +0200, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:

> BTW, actually it would be nice to have suppression variables or print
> some sections only if detail level is high enough for other types too.
> For example, as I monitor about 10 servers, I get too much info and
> thus usually I don't read it at all. For me only MailScanner Status and
> Virus Report would be enough. I don't need Virus Sender Report (too
> much info. Or better yet would be to print only these senders, which
> pass some threshold, 10 for example), maybe Content Report,
> Banned Filename/Filetype Report (too much info). Phishing Report
> would be useful, but for the reasons stated above it probably needs
> suppression variable too.

Just committed the first of several threshold variables for mailscanner
to CVS.

mailscanner_phishingthreshold = 1

Is the default so it prints everything you can raises that to print less
or set it to zero to suppress the phishing report altogther. [Which is
actually how the sendmail ones shoudl work also, guess I have some
coding to do.]