[Logwatch-Devel] how to handle unknown services or missed log entries?

Markus Lude lude at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Feb 24 10:40:03 MST 2006

Hello,
as most will know logwatch only looks for log entries of known services.
Messages from further services or about problems with hardware like hard
disk oder memory are often ignored. I find it quite hard to look for
them since they hopefully appear not that often. How do you make sure
you don't miss such messages?

For solaris I started to set up a new script plus conf. It combined the
logfiles from messages.conf and secure.conf and tries to ignore all the
messages handled by the other scripts. The script is currently somewhat
of a mess.

Regards,
Markus