[Logwatch-Devel] Re: html output

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Jan 19 15:01:24 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 14:29 -0700, Kirk Bauer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Ed Ewing wrote:
>
> > Perhaps in the next version it would be possible to change the coding similar
> > to what existed - centered with white background. Now have left justified
> > with chartreuse background.
>
> I'll leave this to others to debate as I don't use the code myself.

Hmmm what broswer? As far as I know the actual HTML did not change all I
did at the stage was to remove it from logwatch.pl and put it into a
header.html and footer.html file. You are free to edit these, and if you
copy them into /etc/logwatch/conf/html/header.html and footer.html they
will be used instead of the shipped version
in /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/html/

> > Also would like to see the rpm -U switch do an rpmsave so that the config
> > file being used before updating would still be on the system for reference.
>
> Is there a facility for a local version of the HTML header and footer
> like we have for other configuration items?  If so, then files could be
> placed in /etc/logwatch/html and the main ones would no longer be
> used...

Yes see above note.

The code chunk is

if (-e "$ConfigDir/conf/html/header.html") {
   $Config{'html_header'} = "$ConfigDir/conf/html/header.html";
} else {
   $Config{'html_header'} = "$BaseDir/default.conf/html/header.html";
}