[Logwatch-Devel] Re: Patch for install_logwatch.sh in order to run under HP UX

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Jan 26 08:21:34 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 20:03 +0100, laurent.dufour at havas.com wrote:

> I modified a little bit the logwatch installer in order to make it run with
> HP UX
>
> In fact in HP UX (even in version 11.11) the install command does not have
> the '-m' switch neither does it have the '-d' switch.

Argh... I went with install becuase you can set permission in the same
step. So HP_UX does ship more modern install, blah even Solaris has -m -
d which is amazing considering some tools like date are still totally
ancient.

> So I replace all 'install -m -d' with either 'cp' , 'cp -r', and chmod.

I guess this is the only way to really do this unless someone has any
other ideas. [I guess we could make a install_HPUX_logwatch.sh for
the .000000001% of people running this ;p ]

> I also added a question to ask if the user want to install additional perl
> modules.

I'll have to go through the rest of it and test it out on what I've
before I make anymore comments. I am a little shy of adding the calls to
CPAN since that is always hit or miss. [Under Solaris if you have gcc
you can't call CPAN you need to use "perlgcc".]