[Logwatch-Devel] Cisco service broken in 7.3.6

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Sep 1 11:21:14 MST 2007

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Mike Tremaine wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>>
>> Somehow the Cisco code is broken in 7.3.6 as it spews out messages for the
>> wrong host. I started to fix the entries that were logged but not matched
>> for my Cisco router. But I ended up with unmatched entries that are not
>> for that hostname at all.
>>
>> BTW: It worked much better in 7.3.4
>
> I think hostname is broken I have fixes in my tree that have not gone
> into CVS yet. They are related to the whole --splithosts thing when I
> get them in I'll have you pull the cvs version and see if it works as
> expected.

I think I am not cvs compatible. Never been for the past 12 years. I
forget instructions about 5 ms after I receive them whenit comes to cvs.

But this sounds like 7.3.6 is in fact a broken version. Whouldn't this
require a new release to publish the fixes?

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)