[Logwatch-Devel] Ideas for splithost, hostname, multiemail in Logwatch 8.0

Ross Becker ross at trapezenetworks.com
Sun Sep 16 14:44:38 MST 2007

Hey folks,  I've been using logwatch quite a while, and find it very
useful- it's great stuff!

Just some comments on this thread, as I'm going to be embarking on
re-vamping my logwatch use soon, and this discussion centers around some
of the things I'm looking at.

Comments;

I'm in full agreement with keeping report format, how reports are split,
and where they go separate.  I'd suggest killing off --splitemail and
rolling that into --output email with
--splithost enabled.

I prefer being able to specify multiple hosts in a config option than
specifying the config option multiple times.  Perhaps getoptslong
supports it, but you're not going to specify the same option multiple
times in a config file, so specifying multiple hosts both in the
corresponding config file and command-line options makes a lot of sense
to me.

I've got some additional comments, but they belong in a separate
discussion, so I'll post my own email to the mailing list.

Cheers
   Ross