[Logwatch-Devel] Cisco service broken in 7.3.6

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Sun Sep 30 07:19:36 MST 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Mike Tremaine wrote:
>
>> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Somehow the Cisco code is broken in 7.3.6 as it spews out messages for the
>>> wrong host. I started to fix the entries that were logged but not matched
>>> for my Cisco router. But I ended up with unmatched entries that are not
>>> for that hostname at all.
>>>
>>> BTW: It worked much better in 7.3.4
>> I think hostname is broken I have fixes in my tree that have not gone
>> into CVS yet. They are related to the whole --splithosts thing when I
>> get them in I'll have you pull the cvs version and see if it works as
>> expected.
>
> Did they get into CVS yet? I did a CVS checkout but it seems to contain
> old files. At least none of them is newer then the files included in the
> 7.3.6 package.
>
> Hugo.

PS - You could try uncommenting *OnlyHost in the
conf/logfiles/cisco.conf file to see if that helps limit to only "hostname".

The problem is with out that the onlyhost aka $HostStrip only gets
called if --splithosts is on which is part of the chunk that I'm
cleaning up. [Around line 1158 in logwatch.pl]