[Logwatch-Devel] Possible bug v7.3-6.el5: "Can't exec "sendmail"...

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Mon Jul 28 09:08:26 MST 2008

My apologies if this is not the appropriate place to post this inquiry in advance.

The system in question is CentOS 5 based, which were all recently upgraded from v7.3 to v7.3-6.el5.  Prior to this the configuration file was set to email the generated reports to a monitoring "catch all" account and was working fine.  After the upgrade, the email reports are not coming through.  The email service is Postfix.  A quick and simple email test via mutt shows that email is going to the "catch all" account just fine from the system.

Running the cron job from /etc/cron.daily generates the following error message:

Can't exec "sendmail": No such file or directory at ./0logwatch line 1010, <TESTFILE> line 3.
Can't execute sendmail -t: No such file or directory

Prior configurations on other systems that we monitor show this line in the /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf file with this same line, so no changes to the configuration file can be seen there.

Thoughts and comments are welcomed.  TIA.

--- Crawford
--
The Linux ETC Company
368 South McCaslin Boulevard