[Logwatch-Devel] Is the logwatch project dying?

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Mon Oct 12 11:51:48 MST 2009

I wrote logwatch when I was in college and a part-time sysadmin.  Also
for many years I had jobs that allowed me to work on Logwatch during
work hours.

That was a while ago.  These days I only use Linux for personal use,
and therefore don't have much direct use of the program.  In addition,
my job is completely unrelated to Logwatch and demands quite a bit of
my time, including travel.  In addition, I now have a family and am
working on my evening MBA.

So, as much as I hate to say it, I will probably never again be very
active in Logwatch development.  For years now, Mike has applied
nearly every patch we receive.  Almost all development efforts are
done by the wider community.  I still do the builds and run the web
site and CVS.

I would like to see a more active community around Logwatch and am
open to help and ideas.

On 10/10/09, Marcelo Pedra :: AMPM <marcelo at ampm-soluciones.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi. I wonder what is Kirk Bauer thinking about all this. Would he mind to
> allow others to continue developing this great script?

Sent from my mobile device