[Logwatch-Devel] Is the logwatch project dying?

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Mon Oct 12 12:48:09 MST 2009

Well, I think Mike keeps up with the patches  OK, so it is up to him
if he wants any help.  I can do builds as often as we want: it is
fully automated.  Usually somebody requests a new build and Mike makes
sure he is caught up on patches and I push it out.

Our main problem is we are reactive -- somebody sends in a patch, Mike
applies it, I do a build.  But ideally we could use some people that
are more involved with the distributions (Red Hat, Debian, etc) and
can improve Logwatch to make it easier on them.  Ideally we would have
people who could "own" portions of Logwatch (e.g. specific filters)
and actively (and pro-actively) maintain them.

Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org>
http://linux.kaybee.org | www.logwatch.org
Author, Automating UNIX & Linux Administration