[Logwatch] (no subject)

gepapers none gepapers@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:31:20 -0700 (PDT)

--0-890974707-1029130280=:72928

gepapers@yahoo.com
I am a final year engineering graduate student from India.I would like to do my project work
and take GPL for that.
We are planning to build a realtime network log monitoring system.

System Specification:
--------------------
The network log monitoring system we plan to impliment takes as input:
 Syslog entries.
 logs from IDS(Intrudsion Detection Systems).
 Logs from firewalls.
 Logs from all possible dameons.

>From these we plan to build a complete security system which analyses this logs to help the
network & security administrator.

We plan to use uses Open GL or other graphics packages to impliment real time visulization
of network activities.

The security expert will be able to see the network activities as 2d,3d graphs,self organising
maps,spring layouts etc.

The system uses Artificial Intelligence to learn vulnerable events and will report on such
events.

Over time the system will be capable of pulling out 50 or 100 events or activities logs (from
logs which size 10 or 20 GB's) and eliminates all other false positive warning from firewalls and
IDS.We can be sure that none of the eliminated entries are vulnarable.

Want Help Or INFORMATION:
------------------------
I understand that you and your team has gone in this direction before and i would like to know:
 1. Your opinion about the work.
 2. Whether you are able/willing to help us.
 3. Is this thing already implimented.
 4. Utility of this system.

gepapers@yahoo.com

--0-890974707-1029130280=:72928

<P><A href="mailto:gepapers@yahoo.com">gepapers@yahoo.com</A><BR>I am a final year engineering graduate student from India.I would like to do my project work<BR>and take GPL for that.<BR>We are planning to build a realtime network log monitoring system.</P>
<P>System Specification:<BR>--------------------<BR>The network log monitoring system we plan to impliment takes as input:<BR>&nbsp;Syslog entries.<BR>&nbsp;logs from IDS(Intrudsion Detection Systems).<BR>&nbsp;Logs from firewalls.<BR>&nbsp;Logs from all possible dameons.</P>
<P>From these we plan to build a complete security system which analyses this logs to help the <BR>network &amp; security administrator.</P>
<P>We plan to use uses Open GL or other graphics packages to impliment real time visulization <BR>of network activities.</P>
<P>The security expert will be able to see the network activities as 2d,3d graphs,self organising <BR>maps,spring layouts etc.</P>
<P>The system uses Artificial Intelligence to learn vulnerable events and will report on such <BR>events.</P>
<P>Over time the system will be capable of pulling out 50 or 100 events or activities logs (from <BR>logs which size 10 or 20 GB's) and eliminates all other false positive warning from firewalls and<BR>IDS.We can be sure that none of the eliminated entries are vulnarable.</P>
<P>Want Help Or INFORMATION:<BR>------------------------<BR>I understand that you and your team has gone in this direction before and i would like to know:<BR>&nbsp;1. Your opinion about the work.<BR>&nbsp;2. Whether you are able/willing to help us.<BR>&nbsp;3. Is this thing already implimented.<BR>&nbsp;4. Utility of this system.</P>
--0-890974707-1029130280=:72928--