[Logwatch] sendmail discards

Sprouse, Troy F TSprouse@framatech.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:47:56 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C212F1.AFAE76E0

Well, this is a dumb question but I am discarding some mail from spammers
and when I run logwatch on my mx I am getting so much in the unmatched
entries that it makes it hard to go through the log email.  I have been
trying to add "discard" to the sendmail script for logwatch but cannot get
it to work.  Has anyone else modified their sendmail script to count the
discards but not display them under unmatched entries?  Also, you are
dealing with a perl newbie here, sorry.  I am reading the learning perl book
from o'reilly but have a long way to go still.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You,

Troy Sprouse

Framatome ANP Network Engineering

------_=_NextPart_001_01C212F1.AFAE76E0

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

font-family:Arial'>Well, this is a dumb question but I am discarding some mail
from spammers and when I run logwatch on my mx I am getting so much in the unmatched
entries that it makes it hard to go through the log email.&nbsp; I have been
trying to add "discard" to the sendmail script for logwatch but
cannot get it to work.&nbsp; Has anyone else modified their sendmail script to
count the discards but not display them under unmatched entries?&nbsp; Also,
you are dealing with a perl newbie here, sorry.&nbsp; I am reading the learning
perl book from o'reilly but have a long way to go still.&nbsp; Any help

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:maroon'>Framatome ANP Network

------_=_NextPart_001_01C212F1.AFAE76E0--