[Logwatch] re: sendmail discards

Kenneth Porter shiva@sewingwitch.com
17 Jun 2002 16:42:47 -0700

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 10:26, Sprouse, Troy F wrote:
> Here are some lines from the mx.  The first shows the email being discarded
> and the second says that that email was discarded.  These are the lines I am
> trying to get out of the logwatch email.  What I would like to do is get a
> count of discarded email to show up like the messages sent does in the
> logwatch email.  I thought I got it working but the count isn't right
> though.  Anyway, any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Looks simple enough. Can you post your code for counting the discards?
Just a diff against the sendmail filter (and which version you diffed
against).

> g5C410U21315: ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<gamestreet@ecs.mb00.net>,
> relay=s1097.mb00.net [207.33.16.97], discard

I'm running a blackhole filter using dnsbl and this looks a lot like
that. I'll look at Kirk's pre3.2 and, if he hasn't already added
something for this, I'll see what I can cook up.

> g5C410U21315: discarded

This line probably just needs to be discarded, so a match on "discarded"
with an empty action clause should do it.