[Logwatch] logwatch upgrade

Kenneth Porter shiva@sewingwitch.com
18 Jun 2002 12:34:14 -0700

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 03:51, ac wrote:

> This stoped working after a few days. Afterwards I sent an eMail to the
> logwatch discussion list, where Kirk B. mentioned that there was no
> iptables support with the logwatch packaged bundled with RH7.3 distro.

The first time I saw iptables support was in pre3.2, and the support is
rudimentary. Only one pattern is supported, and as you've seen, other
patterns get dumped in the general detail hash. I just posted a more
generalized iptables parser to the -devel list, clipped from the one
used by DShield (http://www.dshield.org/). From the DShield developer:

On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 08:54, Johannes Ullrich wrote:
> On 18 May 2002 02:04:53 -0700
> "Kenneth Porter" <shiva@sewingwitch.com> wrote:
> > I didn't see a license file in the framework distribution. What
> > license is the code distributed under?
>
> We haven't realy bothered with a formal license so far. Just "take it
> and use it or modify it. Don't do any harm and use at your own risk".

So I figure it can be used as is in Logwatch with attribution to the DShield folks.