[Logwatch] Logwatch / Solaris 7

Michael Glaser mglaser@umn.edu
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:07:49 -0500

Thanks for the quick response to my earlier request!

Unfortunately, I am still having trouble getting this running. I applied the
patch that Mark offered, and now I am seeing a different couple of errors. Am I
missing something in the configuration somewhere?

This is what I see:

  bash-2.05# ./logwatch.pl
  chown: unknown user id 0.1
  /bin/date: illegal option -- d
  usage:  date [-u] mmddHHMM[[cc]yy][.SS]
          date [-u] [+format]
          date -a [-]sss[.fff]

  (the last four lines are repeated 13 times)

There seems to be a problem with the date command as well as something with file
ownership. I grep'ed logwatch.pl for "date" and found nothing.

This is a part of the output I get from "man date" on Solaris 7:

User Commands                                             date(1)

NAME
     date - write the date and time

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/bin/date  [ -u ]  [ + format  ]

     /usr/bin/date  [ -a  [ - ] sss.fff  ]

     /usr/bin/date  [ -u ]  [ [ mmdd ] HHMM   | mmddHHMM  [ cc  ]
     yy  ]  [ .SS ]

     /usr/xpg4/bin/date  [ -u ]  [ + format  ]

     /usr/xpg4/bin/date  [ -a  [ - ] sss.fff  ]

     /usr/xpg4/bin/date  [ -u ]  [ [ mmdd ] HHMM   | mmddHHMM   [
     cc ] yy  ]  [ .SS ]

Any ideas? Need more info.?

Thanks,
Mike