[Logwatch] re: kernel messages gone after upgrade? - solved

Kirk Bauer kirk@kaybee.org
Thu, 23 May 2002 00:23:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Jamie Pratt wrote:

> It looks like kernel messages arent important enough to be logged anymore?
> (It was commented out in the new version of the kernel services file, so i
> uncommented it out and alls good again!

You should get ipchains messages... but I don't include kernel messages
b/c there are virtually an infinite variety.  Maybe I should at least
look for one particular message that shows the machine was rebooted.

--
 Kirk Bauer -- CmpE, Georgia Tech -- kirk@kaybee.org -- Avid Linux User
     http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org