[Logwatch] Newbie question on logwatch scheduling

Joe Follansbee joef@compelinteractive.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 07:57:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've been receiving logwatch reports for a while now and they've been very
helpful, including helping me catch a suspected crack attempt. However,
I've noticed that I seem to be recieving these reports later and later in
the day. I'd like logwatch to run at midnight system time. I'm fairly
Linux savvy, and I noticed that there's no cron listing in crontab for
logwatch. I also looked in the logwatch.conf and didn't seem a
scheduling parameter. And I surfed through the mailing archives and
didn't see an answer to my question. How is logwatch scheduled? And how do
I modify the scheduling?

Many thanks.

Joe

--