[Logwatch] logwatch not sending mail

Chris Palmer chris@nodewarrior.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:06:05 -0800

Chip Upsal writes:

> I switched the MTA on a system to Qmail with VirtualMailManager. Since
> the Switch Logwatch is no longer sending email. I changed the MailTo
> on the logwatch.conf file from root to my email address and it still
> is not sending email.
>
> I can send email from any client or from the command line.

Logwatch doesn't send mail. Logwatch writes to standard ourput|error,
and cron traps that ouput and mails it to you. So it's cron that can't
send mail -- I bet you'll find your other cron jobs (if any) are also
appearing to have no output.

Make sure your sendmail program is really a link to
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail.

--
Chris     music is what numbers feel like     San Francisco, CA