[Logwatch] logwatch not sending mail

Steven W. Orr steveo@syslang.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:24:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Kirk Bauer wrote:

=>On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Chris Palmer wrote:
=>
=>> Logwatch doesn't send mail. Logwatch writes to standard ourput|error,
=>> and cron traps that ouput and mails it to you. So it's cron that can't
=>> send mail -- I bet you'll find your other cron jobs (if any) are also
=>> appearing to have no output.
=>
=>Actually, it does send mail using /bin/mail in its standard
=>configuration...
Have you considered using the Mail::Mailer interface instead of going
through mail? It's a nice interface and it's no hardship on anyone to
require that it be installed.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ