[Logwatch] logwatch 2.6 on a RH 7.2 machine --> problem with xferlog

Kirk Bauer kirk@kaybee.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Benedikt Carda wrote:

> I run logwatch in the standard RedHat 7.2 configuration analyzing all
> logs (Service = all). Anyway I do not get any results from the
> ftpd-xferlog filter, even though there are entries in the right date
> range in /var/log/xferlog. If I uncomment Service = all and use Service
> = ftpd-xferlog instead I do not even get an e-mail, not even a blank
> one.

You need to set the detail to 'high' (--detail high on the command line)
or at least 'med' to see any of this type of activity.

--
 Kirk Bauer -- CmpE, Georgia Tech -- kirk@kaybee.org -- Avid Linux User
     http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org