[Logwatch] removeheaders question

Kirk Bauer kirk@kaybee.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:01:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Ben Tetu-Pappas wrote:

> does logwatch run both the /etc/log.d/scripts/shared/removeheaders and
> the /etc/log.d/scripts/logfiles/*/removeheaders or does it ignore the
> script in shared when you have your own script in scripts/logfiles/*/?

[sorry for the several month delay :(]

The shared one is run only if you specify it in the configuration file
for your logfile.  Any scripts in scripts/logfiles/xxx are also run on
your specific logfile.

> i'm confused as i am getting non-deterministic seeming results from my
> cisco pix *RemoveService entries in /etc/log.d/conf/logfiles/network
> file.

Try running:

logwatch --print --debug 10 --service cisco

and seeing what commands are actually run.

> once i get this working i'll send it to kirk for inclusion in the distro.

Did you ever get it working? ;)

--
 Kirk Bauer -- CmpE, Georgia Tech -- kirk@kaybee.org -- Avid Linux User
     http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org