[Logwatch] Version 4.0.x reports different things to V3.x

Tony tony@consultant.idps.co.uk
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:30:03 +0100

Hiya,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I recently upgraded from v3.x to
v4.0.2.  I've found that some of the results reported are more detailed and
very useful, but for some reason certain things are not reported on any
more.  If this is intentional I apologise.  But for the longest time all
I've ever had to do after an upgrade is change reporting level to High in
the conf.

As an example,  the "Kernel" section seems to be conspicuous by its absence,
as does "named"

Is this likely to be a configuration issue?  I've checked that the services
all exist in the sevices section.  Any pointers here would be useful.

Many thanks to all involved for one of the most useful security tools out
there.

Kind Regards

Tony.