[Logwatch] Logwatch 4.3 Issues

Dino Nardini dino@rivendell.ns.ca
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:51:31 -0400

Hi folks,

First of all... I'd like to say great product.  I've been using logwatch
for quite some time now...

I've just upgraded to logwatch 4.3 on RedHat 7.2 servers, and ran into the
following issue:

  --------------------- ftpd-messages Begin ------------------------

syntax error at /etc/log.d/scripts/services/ftpd-messages line 70, near "elsif"
syntax error at /etc/log.d/scripts/services/ftpd-messages line 74, near "}"
Execution of /etc/log.d/scripts/services/ftpd-messages aborted due to
compilation errors.

  ---------------------- ftpd-messages End -------------------------

Also, in the ftpd-xferlog information... I'm getting the "User" information
fine, however I'm no longer seeing any "Anonymous" or "Guest"
information.  The information is there in the logfile, however not being
displayed.  It did appear in the other version (1.6.6) on my RedHat 6.2
boxes.  I'm using wu-ftpd 2.6.1-20.

On the secure-log information... is there anyway to do lookups on the IP
addresses and produce the FQDN like logwatch used to do in version 1.6.6?

Is there something I'm overlooking here?  Any information is appreciated.

Cheers... Dino

Rivendell Software - Dynamic Web Solutions
www.rivendellsoftware.com
tel 902.461.1697
fax 902.461.3765