[Logwatch] Logwatch, postfix, and courier-mta (was: logwatch suggestion)

Systems Administrator sysadmin@sunet.com.au
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:03:48 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Dennis Melhede wrote:

> Ok, thanks to both of you.
>
> I was using a default RedHat 9 installation, and I am using postfix for
> delivery.
> I had some 'rejected' mails because of unknown domain, and I'm pretty
> sure they were not in my logwatch mail.
> I have now raised loglevel from 'Low' to 'Med' and curious to see the
> next log ;-)
> I also fixed the prob found in the archive, that $Detail variable is not
> set in the sendmail filter.
>
> Other things to consider when I'm using postfix?

	Well, my understanding was that the sendmail filter did not deal
with postfix at all.  I couldn't find any in my quick search of the 'Net
either.

	Personally, I've just switched to courier, and logwatch doesn't
appear to include the script for it, which is available at
http://www.wm1.at/willi/software/courier/logwatch-courier-0.05/

	Is there any chance that Kirk could include this?

	:)

--
Tim Nelson
Systems Administrator