[Logwatch] New Logwatch Beta Release Finally Available!

Kirk Bauer kirk@kaybee.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:29:04 -0700 (MST)

I haven't even tried it very much yet... so proceed at your own risk!
You can get it from www.logwatch.org, ftp.logwatch.org, or straight from
CVS.

I'm going to install it now and make any changes I find necessary.
Please feel free to send any and all patches directly to me.  Any
problems should be sent to the logwatch-devel list in the hope that
somebody besides me can fix it ;)

Please make sure that all patches are off of the latest CVS code or the
code I just packaged in the 'pre5.0' beta release.

Thanks for your patience!  This release has a lot of improvements:

- Main script: couple of security fixes and many bug fixes
- Now there is a Logwatch.pm that the filters can use common code from
- Improvements to numerous filters, especially sendmail
- Added new filters; amavis, clamav-milter, courier, http, postfix,
  pound, pureftpd, vsftpd

--
Kirk Bauer <kirk@kaybee.org>
http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org