[Logwatch] Logwatch 5.0-1 doesn't seem to like RedHat 6.2...

Malte Erikson malte.erikson@fruitline.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:52:32 +0100

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 15:29, Patrick Salsbury wrote:

Hi!

> "What could be causing this bloaty goodness?", I hear you asking yourself...

This is a "problem" with the new http-service - which (as it seems)
doesn't handle older versions of apache when going through its logfiles
(access_log). I spent at couple of hours reconfiguring my http.conf for
Logwatch 5.0 to handle my own v1.3.27 installations of apache. Change
the logformat configuration in your http.conf to the following and see
if it's working for you:

$HTTP_FIELDS = "client_ip ident userid timestamp request http_rc
bytes_transfered"
$HTTP_FORMAT = "space     space space    brace   quote   space   space"

The "Use of initialized..." errors you'll get is because the http filter
can't correctly parse lines from the access_log http logfile.

--
 / Malte