[Logwatch] Linux 8 - Logwatch newbie

Kenneth Porter shiva@sewingwitch.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:26:56 -0800

--On Monday, November 17, 2003 1:16 PM -0700 "Allen, Ronda"
<Allen-Ronda@co.klcorp.com> wrote:

> Can someone please send me directions for installing and configuring
> Logwatch on Linux 8.  I have setup a syslog server on Linux 8 and am
> trying to get logwatch to monitor PIX firewall logs.

There's no such thing as "Linux 8". There are several vendors who have used 8
in the past as the version number of their distributions. But you'd need to
specify which vendor.

Some of those vendors include logwatch in their distro. For instance, Red Hat
includes a logwatch RPM. Just use the RH package installer to install it. Or
install the RPM at the logwatch website, which will be much more recent.