[Logwatch] Re: [Logwatch-Announce] Logwatch 5.0 [stable] released

Dino Nardini dino@rivendellsoftware.com
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:35:30 -0400

Hey Kirk,

I finally found some time to install the new version 5
tarball.  Unfortunately I still do not get any information about guest or
anonymous FTP activity.  I have always gotten the user FTP activity, but
never anything else.  This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time,
and I had hoped that you would have gotten around to looking into it once
you finished work on the new book.  Logwatch is a great utility, however I
do need to monitor my users' ftp activity.

My temporary solution has been to install the v1.6.6-2 rpm alongside the
latest logwatch tarball and run two cron jobs.  The 1.6.6-2 rpm gives me
all the ftp activity that the more recent versions omit.  I would much
rather run just the latest logwatch version if this can be fixed.  Whatever
you did with the ftp filters in v1.6.6-2 worked fine, but is now broke for
me in the newer versions.

For reference, I'm running a heavily patched RedHat 7.2 with wu-ftpd
2.6.2.  Logwatch detail level set to "High".

If there's anything that I can do to help fix this problem, please let me know.

Cheers... Dino

Rivendell Software - Dynamic Web Solutions
http://www.rivendellsoftware.com
Tel 902.461.1697
Fax 902.461.3765