[Logwatch] Suggestion/Request: feature for next version

NWCWEB Administration nwcwebadmin at nwcweb.com
Sun Apr 4 11:21:47 MST 2004

Ken,

	What is it that you're missing clues on?  Most of what
Logwatch contains comes from standard locations, so depending
on the box you have and it's OS you should be able to dig up
those clues reasonably easy.

	You can turn on more verbose details in Logwatch from
what we've found, but I'd hate to have that level of detail
every day as it would use up more resources that already
exist.

	Most of what we've seen in Logwatch points to key areas
that are easily remedied, such as intrusion attempts that need
to go into the Firewall (and you have to look those up in ARIN,
etc. to really get the proper answer as to blocking those attempts),
spam that needs to be blocked in spam filters, etc.

	If you can provide more detail as to what sections are
confusing or lacking details, I might be able to pass on what
we've found and do to react to the reports.

	HTH!

      David J. Duffner
      VP Operations
      NWC Corporation
      NWCWEB.com

NWCWEB.com - Your Design & Hosting Solution!
Featuring Ensim Pro/Linux Servers, Hosted
Accounts, Web Design and e-Commerce services
NWC Corporation - Global e-Pay Solutions